Excited & Anxious

Yesterday I shared that Tricia and I will be taking the next 30 days as a time of sabbatical; fasting, prayer, healing, refreshing, and renewal. It's something I am both excited and anxious about at the same time. It's exciting because I know it's an act of obedience and anxious because there is now way to know all that God is going to do. But when you really think about it, many of the great things in life bring these same emotions. Think of Christmas morning when kids are so excited to open those presents but partnered with it are those anxious feelings of not knowing what inside those wrapped boxes.

I don't know what's in the spiritual boxes God's placed in front of us, but I am excited. And I know my anxiety will subside as well because I know my God only gives good gifts. The spiritual refreshing, direction, and blessing that is to come will be better than I could ever imagine. It's all part of the spiritual journey everyone of us travel in our walk with God.

Embrace the journey! Over the next 30-days fast a few meals per week, spend more time talking with God in prayer, and open up the Bible and see what it has to say. Try reading the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) over the next 30-days. Just 3 chapters per day and you will get a full picture of Jesus life and example for each of us and read through all 4 books of the Bible.

Tricia and I appreciate your support and prayers during this season of refreshing. We love pastoring the Central family and we look forward to the explosion of God's favor and blessing that is to come.

Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment