A Child's Honest Question

Day 1

Let me set the scene. I'm sitting in my living room; just finished my devotional and starting my daily Bible reading. Jonathan is sitting on the couch reading day 4 of his journey through the Gospels in 30 days on his iPod using YouVersion. Lauren is sitting next to him reading her own Bible. Then it happened.....one of those moments that makes you both laugh and cry. She turns to Jonathan and asks, "Is the Bible real? Did this stuff really happen?" She was dead honest.

I thought about how honest and sweet the questions of a child are. The beginning of faith really starts with the question my daughter asked. God loves that question. He loves to answer it and prove just how real he is. He loves to show up in our everyday lives and prove that no matter what the world says about his existence, he is real and HE IS GOD!

"LORD, show me today just how real you are and how much you love me. AMEN!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment