Blessed

Day 17

Sorry I missed several days. I was just far enough from civilization that there was no suitable internet connection.

We've taken the last several days to connect with family, pastor's, and mentor's. I spent a few hours this past Sunday evening going through a box of family pictures my mom had put together. We laughed, a lot! I especially enjoyed laughing at photos of my brother. He laughed at plenty of mine as well. I also came across a picture of my dad on on a Christmas morning from years ago......let's just say "blackmail" came to mind. And right now, I'm in the middle of four days with just Tricia (kids are at their grandparents - Thanks Mom & Dad!).

I guess the best way I can express how I have felt the past several days is blessed. A few months ago I preached a few messages on "How To Be Rich". I outlined how statistically we are the richest people, in the richest country in the world. I just heard someone the other day mention that our country only represents 5% of the worlds population, yet we account for 50% of the world's wealth. We're busy trying to figure out how to get rich when in reality we already are. We simply don't know what it means to be blessed. We believe a blessed life is just around the corner where a raise, better car, or a better marriage is at.

I AM BLESSED! I am loved by my heavenly Father, who looks beyond my faults and finds my life redeemable. I am loved by a woman who sees through my imperfections, quirks, and fears. Our marriage has not been perfect (none are!), but everyday I realize just how much I am willing to fight to keep it. I am loved by by two kids who run to meet me at the door to squeeze and hug me everyday when I come home.

On a weekly basis I'm known by many names; Mark, Honey, Daddy, Pastor Mark, Dude, Buddy, and even the occasional Father Mark (even though I'm not Catholic). But the name I should be best known by is BLESSED.

0 comments:

Post a Comment