Prayer Changes Me

There are a lot of things that change on a day-to-day basis. Sometimes too much to even keep up with. But think about this....of all the changes that affect us on a daily, monthly, or yearly basis how many of those changes are positive and life changing?

What if it was possible to affect the changes that happen? Would you be willing to do what it takes to see it happen? What if it involved prayer? Sure, we might say we pray but our prayers are usually pretty selfish and self-serving. When is the last time we not only presented our needs but also stopped long enough to let God talk to us in return?

Communication in any relationship is vital. The two key elements are talking & listening. If we only do the former without the later then we've failed at communicating in a way that is mutually beneficial. When God talks it has the potential to change us! No my situations may stay the same, but inside, I can be changed. Most days it feels like there is very little I truly have the ability to control. And while I certainly can't control God or his responses, I've found that every time I take even just a few moments to talk to him and listen, something inside me changes. My attitude, perspective, and emotions almost always take a turn for the better.

Do you want a better day? Do you want a life of hope and peace? Do you want to feel calm in the middle of the storm? Then stop for a just a few minutes several times a day to talk to God. You'll be amazed just how much those prayers change you!

Have a GREAT week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment