Life

Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get!
I think Forest Gump's momma must have been on to something when she said this. As much as we would love to know every step and reason for everything in life, we just aren't going to find them most days. Sure I can look at God's manual for life, the Bible, and I can see that God has purpose for my life; specifically for me and specifically for you. But even knowing that purpose doesn't guarantee that I will always understand everything I go through of the reasons why I go through them. On our best and worst days the best we can do is simply trust that God's plans will be accomplished in our lives and his faithfulness will never cease. I'm reminded of a few select verses from Psalm 25.

Psalm 25 (New Living Translation)
1 O Lord, I give my life to you.
2 I trust in you, my God!
3 No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced......
4 Show me the right path, O Lord;
point out the road for me to follow.
5 Lead me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in you..........
8 The Lord is good and does what is right;
he shows the proper path to those who go astray.
9 He leads the humble in doing right,
teaching them his way.
10 The Lord leads with unfailing love and faithfulness
all who keep his covenant and obey his demands........
12 Who are those who fear the Lord?
He will show them the path they should choose.
13 They will live in prosperity,
and their children will inherit the land.
14 The Lord is a friend to those who fear him.

Life may seem uncertain or even like a roller coaster at times, but trust in God. His plans will not fail as long as we hold firmly to him!

Have a great week!
Pastor Mark

0 comments:

Post a Comment