FREE GIFT: Wisdom

I know this is probably a stupid question, but here it is anyway. Have you ever made a dumb decision? A decision you wished you could remake or not make at all? I would guess I've done that at least a million times. When I read the newspaper or watch the news I see tons of people who for one reason or another, have made the most unreasonable decisions ever. Most often our bad decisions stem from a lack of wisdom. Wisdom isn't something you pick up at the grocery store with the carrots and toilet tissue. Most people gain their wisdom from what we call the "school of hard knocks." And I would agree that there is a measure of wisdom to learn simply from the mistakes in our lives. But did you realize there is a much better sources of wisdom.

James 1:5 "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." Amazingly enough, God has given us permission to ask him for wisdom. Not only permission but he is willing to generously make deposits of wisdom into our lives. God of all people, doesn't want us making dumb decisions everyday. He loves us and wants our lives to be blessed. His free gift of wisdom allows us to make better decisions in our families, our jobs, and in our everyday life decisions.

So it all comes down to asking, at least that's what this verse says. If you lack wisdom; ask God! On a weekly basis I find myself asking God for more of his wisdom to lead my family, our church, and my own life. So this holiday season, take advantage of one of the only free gifts available. Ask God for more wisdom and he will give it to you.

Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment