Smile!

Here is one thing I know about my personality...I love to have fun. If something isn't fun, I attempt to make it fun. Because if it isn't fun, I get bored really quick. Isn't it amazing how we can do something we hate, but if we do it with the right attitude and a good measure of joy it can go by fast and seem not so bad? I used to think that my circumstances determined whether my life was filled with joy or anguish. But in reality, the measure of my joy in the day will be determined by my decisions. If I choose to have a great day, I will! And if I choose to have a bad day, I will! Joy is my choice!

You see, God has already given you every reason to have a great day. He's already put everything in place for you to have the best week of your life. He is waiting on you to decide to live in joy today, this week, this year, this life! Regardless of what your checking account balance is, we are blessed. Regardless of your health status, God is awesome. Our lives have the potential to either reflect the greatness of God or the depravity of our world. Reflect the life-changing traits of God this week; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Take time to smile this week and in doing so you become a billboard of God's love.

Psalm 118:24 -
"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Proverbs 15:13 - "A happy heart makes the face cheerful...."
Proverbs 17:22 - "A cheerful heart is good medicine...."
Psalm 97:11-12 - "Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart. Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name."
Nehemiah 8:10 - The joy of the LORD is your strength.

0 comments:

Post a Comment