The Monday Letdown

If your religion is football then today begins the Monday letdown. I've always considered myself a football (sports) fan, but never really a fanatic. I've never stood in a stadium in 2 degree weather, shirtless and chest painted. I didn't name my son Brett or Aaron and I'm not superstitious about he numbers 4 or 12. While hundreds of thousands of fans lament the demise of their favorite team, the players have already booked their tickets to a warm vacation spot for the the next few weeks. If there is one thing players know it's that Seasons Change. They don't let one circumstance get them down, they know that as long as they get back up and never quit, they will live to play another game, another day!

As it relates to the seasons of your life, they also change. And as long as you don't give up or quit there is another season waiting for you on the other side. As you journey through your current season, embrace it. Accept that God has you exactly where you are for a purpose. Guard your attitude by choosing to focus on the positive instead of the negative. Both are always present, but which one you choose to focus on is up to you. Make wise decisions that will help move your forward. And every day be very intentional about getting some SON; reading the Bible, simple prayer conversation, and connection with others.

Regardless of what happens in sports, I know I will live to fight another day and with God's help I WILL win!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mark, for keeping us focused on what's important in life. Sports are wonderful. Fans are great. GOD is AWESOME. When we keep the proper perspective on things, life is simpler and much richer... no matter what season we are in!

Post a Comment