Lesson Learned

I wouldn't classify myself as a great student as a kid. I had the aptitude to get straight A's but often settled into the high C, low B category. There were many lessons that I didn't take full advantage of that I now wish I had taken more to heart.

I think most of us forget that the lesson's don't end after high school or even college graduation. There are still lessons to be learned, principles to apply, and a lot of action that should follow. It's our ability to recognize the lessons that life, and more likely God, is trying to teach us. God's lessons are everywhere. They can be found in friendships, marriage, work, school, and everything in between. These lessons don't end because you reach a certain age or financial status. They are always there. The question we need to ask ourselves is, "Will I learn?"

All through the Bible people faced new challenges from mountain tops to valleys. But in each circumstance God was trying to teach them something. Something about himself or something about themselves. For the Israelites the journey out of Egypt to the promised land of God was intended to position them to trust God. The journey included things like enemy attack, food shortage, lack of proper housing, and an overall sense of unrest and discontent. But there was a lesson to be learned. Would they trust God? I think it's still the #1 lesson God is trying to teach us today.

Have you learned the lesson? This isn't one that any of us should fail. Whatever has been going wrong, whatever you've been stressed or worried about, whatever you've been questioning in your life; trust God! It's not blind faith! He's never failed. We can trust him. Learn the lesson.

0 comments:

Post a Comment