Big Win...Bigger Wins!

I certainly consider myself a football fan in general and a Packer fan specifically. Everyone around Green Bay is in a state of euphoria about the Packers win last night against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV (that's 45 for those of you who are confused by roman numerals like me). Where I watched the game I saw people jump, shout, clap, run around, and almost pass out at times. The energy was high and the passion ran deep. It was a great win for a city still divided about whether they would wear a jersey with a 4 or 12 on it (either is fine). It was a Big Win!

I've joked with a few people this morning because I've heard people saying, "We won the Super Bowl!" My question has been, "If WE won the Super Bowl, where is my ring and when is the check coming?" Nobody has been able to give me a date yet. (ha.ha.) In last night's game, I never stepped onto the field once. I never threw a pass, covered a receiver, or scored a touchdown. My greatest contribution was making several trips to the food table. Aside from my occasional cheering and armchair quarterbacking I didn't contribute much to the big win.

But for me and for you there are Bigger Wins! Bigger than the Super Bowl and bigger than the Lombardi trophy. James 1:12 says, "
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." In a world full of awards there is only one that I'm striving for; the crown of life! It is our persistence through trials and struggles, our determination to be a Godly spouse, parents, and individuals that earns us this win. Is it easy; no! Is it worth it; yes!

Celebrate Green Bay! Celebrate a Big Win! But also remember that there are BIGGER WINS to be had today in your everyday attitudes, decisions, and obedience to God.

Have a GREAT day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment