Looking Back

Sometimes life gets so busy that we forget to look back at just how far we've come. I'm certainly not where I used to be, but I'm not yet to where I know God wants me to be. It's somewhere in that middle ground that we can look back and see all that God has brought us through. I think it's healthy because we can pause for a moment and thank God for walking with us the whole way. All the stuff we thought we'd never make it through; we did! He was with us the entire way leading, directing, loving, and nurturing. It also gives us a great opportunity to look ahead to where God is leading us. It's great to look back, but if you look back to long you'll trip on your future. The future God has for you is far better than your past. We just have keep moving toward it. If you aren't moving forward in God's direction today is a great day to start.

This week I have two reasons to pause and look back. First, this Friday is my wedding anniversary; 16 years. I am blessed to have married such an amazing woman who has faithfully stood by my side both in ministry and in life. Our two kids are the amazing blessing our relationship has produced. Second, Friday is also our 4 year anniversary at Central. We know where we've been and we know where we are going and I am truly excited about what the future holds.

Let me encourage you to join us for Prayer & Praise this Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m. I promise you will be encouraged and blessed.

Have a GREAT week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment