ALL Things Work Together

"....all things work together for good to those who love God...." Romans 8:28 (nasb)

One day while driving God brought this verse to my mind. It's not uncommon for me to have verses pop in my mind but the effect of this one disturbed me to my core. I think we would all like to think that at some measure or another we are somewhat aware of what God is up to in our life, job, health, relationships, etc. And while we can often see the effects of God, we seldom see the whole picture he is creating. What we would consider our vast knowledge is really just one pieces of the picture, one puzzle piece in a masterpiece that only the master can really see.

I've often known that God was doing things in my life behind the scenes that I didn't know about. But I always thought they were good things, things I would approve of. To be clear God doesn't make bad things happen to us, but he most certainly does allow the real struggles, pressures, and effects of this sinful world to affect us temporarily. There is one word in particular in this verse that disturbed me most; the world "all". God is using "all things" to work together for my good. Not only the positive things but also the negative. He's even using those things that I whine about the most. God merging both the good and the bad in my life to produce in me something more beautiful that I could have ever imagined.

It was in those few minutes in the car that I began doing something I've never done before. I began thanking God for all my problems. Prior to that day I don't think I've ever thanked him for anything except my blessings. But when I began to realize that he was also using my problems to mold, shape, refine, and prepare me I began to see a few more pieces of the picture than I ever had before. God is using ALL THINGS, everything in my life, with the end goal of using them all for my good. Stop complaining about "those things" and start praising God for "all things".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael and I can definitely say when you are able to thank God and praise him in your valley as well your high road He does make all things for His good. I found that waiting on Him, some times are the hard part, but if you know He has a plan only He can see the fruit of that, no eye has seen nor ear has heard what the Spirit of God will do.

Anonymous said...

well... God works in the BEST and strangest ways... I was actually looking for clipart for puzzle pieces when I found this and saw the Rom 8:28 scripture... and boy did I need to read that right at this moment. Thank you Lord for using ALL things the way You do - all people and all things! Denise Russell Jonesborough, TN

Post a Comment