Text Message From God


The other day I spent a few hours watching the end of a Cardinal's baseball game on T.V. (they lost unfortunately). Since I don't always get to watch the game I have the final score of each game texted to my phone. Well, the game ended, and in the few minutes that followed Tricia and I were talking and I gave her a hug (I love my wife so I try to do that often). During our hug, my phone made the sound that lets me know I have a new text message. I proceeded to release from the hug and reach into my pocket for my phone to read that new text. I thought the hug was over, but according to my wife, it wasn't. And further more, she was none too pleased to feel like that text message was more important than her. Don't get me wrong, she didn't make me sleep on the couch or anything, but it made me think about something.

We respond quickly to a lot of things in life; screaming kid, screaming boss, screaming driver! My response to the text message was an example of that. But what if we responded to God as quickly as we do to other things? What if God sent you a text message? What if we didn't even read it for several hours, then once we do we realize it was time sensitive material?

Listen, God does send text messages......it's called the Bible! It's filled with messages for your life. All you have to do is read it. Just think what would happen in your life if God's Word, his text messages, were as important to you as the baseball game score or a message from a friend. I can promise you, the more you read God's messages, the more your life will change....for the better!

Note: Listen to Pastor Aaron's message (week 4) on how God communicates to us through the Bible. You'll learn some great practical ways to grow by reading God's Word.

0 comments:

Post a Comment